Here at Therapeeze we pride ourselves on supporting a family based approach to our service. Occupational Therapy supports individuals to achieve their optimal level of functioning this can be through a range of physical and mental health approaches. Through utilising tele-therapy we support families right across the UK!
Our consultancy model focuses on providing a Sensory Motor & Mental Health support for children from babies up to the age of 18.
If you are a Case Manager or Solicitor, we can help in the following ways:
- Consultancy - where a second opinion is required or to clinically support OT requirements.
- Clinical assessments at home or school.
- Professional reports for families, GPs, tribunals and insurance companies.
- Regular reviews to re-evaluate needs including liaison with family members and other professionals involved in care and treatment.
The following assessments are currently available.
For children who present with difficulties in:
- Sensory Processing: seeking/avoidant behaviours.
- Gross Motor Skills: Playing sports, getting dressed
- Fine Motor Skills: Handwriting, fastening buttons/zips,
- Motivation and Engagement: Roles, Routines, Activities, Hobbies, Interests
- Communication and Interaction: Social skills, non-verbal etc
- Visual motor Perception
- Independent Living skills: Grooming, dressing, toileting etc.
- Body confidence and self image: negative self-perception, self-critical
- Mental Health: Anxiety, depression, anger,
- Emotional Regulation: Unpredictable emotional outbursts.
- Challenging Behaviour
How is treatment carried out?
- Specialised, bespoke treatment packages are developed dependent on your child's needs.
- Can be completed at home or at school (via online).
We are qualified specialists in:
- Sensory Integration.
- The ALERT Program.
- How does your engine run?
- ASD interventions e.g. Intensive Interaction., SCERTS, TEACCH.
- Childhood Nutrition.
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Early detection for early years intervention.
- Sensory Integration and Yoga.
- Nature based interventions.
Our parent/carers assessments focus on the mental health and wellbeing of you as a parent (this is not a diagnostic assessment). We can support you gain a new perspective on your role as a parent, getting a balance of purposeful activities and understand further what you can do to support your own well-being; which subsequently will have a positive impact on the families! It’s a win win.
Parent assessments are if you are feeling:
- Lacking in motivation
- Have an imbalance of roles and responsibilities.
- Feel overwhelmed most days.
- You feel like you have tried everything and nothing changes.
- Want to change the dynamics in your home.
- Want support developing more positive family relationships.
Following assessment we also offer a bespoke treatment package. This is dependent on the outcome of the assessment and what your needs and goals are. To book your FREE 30 minute consultation please click on the link and book your slot!
Or for more information go to contact us and send us an email at [email protected]